Sunday, January 12, 2014

So I'm in a blog circle...

Well this year is all about changes and new opportunities. I am starting off a new life in a way. I have two beautiful children and I have a wonderful supportive husband and I just can't say enough how happy I am that I live where I live and I have the friends I have. That all being said I am also starting on a new stressful journey. I actually quit my job the other day to begin a new journey in photography full time. Many things have contributed to helping me make this decision however the most important of all of them are my kids. They have driven me to want to be with them more often and take care of them more efficiently and I just can't do that to the best of my ability without being home. Because I worked a full time job that took me into the night time hours and I was also spending time doing photography on the side, I never had time to officially be comfortable with how I was treating my kids. So now I can begin a new story about not just life around here with new changes but also life around my kids! I am very truly excited to be starting this wonderful venture and I can't wait to share it all with you!

My kids mean everything to me and as I often tell them, "Everything I do, I do for you". Corny I know, but they get my point. That time that I came home late from work and wasn't able to say goodnight or that time I yelled at them because I was so stressed and overwhelmed with a due date for my favorite job (photography) that I snapped. Come on, we all have those moments when you are stressed and overwhelmed. My husband never seems happy with the house wife that I am and unfortunately I just don't have it in me to be that "super-mom". Well times are about to change.

One of my many goals this year was to join a blog circle.  What is a blog circle you ask? A blog circle is a blog where you always reference another photographer and there are only so many of us in the circle so eventually it will get back around to me. We all share talking about the same thing. This blog circle is supposed to be still life photographs about my kids. Photos that say my "kids were here". Now at first I was not really very excited about this theme to tell you the truth! After I signed up all I could envision were photos of my dirty house! But now the more I think about it the more I am excited to show my kids personalities without showing my kids. This is surely a new direction for me and something I have never tried before so I hope you enjoy as I begin this new journey of blogging and trying out my new lifestyle…as a photographer.


Much love always and forever.
Don't forget to go check out my website and see all the wonderful things there I have to share. If you would like to book an appointment with me please contact me here today. Stay in touch so you too can read all the amazing things my blog circle will have to share.



1 comment:

  1. So excited for you and your new journey Heather! If anyone can do it, it's you!!

    ReplyDelete