Sunday, June 24, 2012

In Loving Memory

It is a heavy heart that I post this to you today. Recently I had the pleasure of photographing a lovely couple (who just happened to be my husband's Aunt and Uncle). My husband's Aunt contacted me and asked that I take photos of her husband to give to his children as a gift. He was declining in health but actually was feeling quite well from what he told me the day of the session. A week later I went to their home and showed them the pictures of the session. They were so happy with them and that makes me happy- every time- to see my clients smile. It was just a bonus that these lovely people were family and I was making them smile with the gift of photos.
A week later I was shocked to find out that my husband's Uncle had passed away. He died of a stroke which seems to be completely unrelated to the health problems that he was having earlier. And although I do not know the details of his health problems and the circumstances surrounding his death I have to say that I was in utter shock. One can never underestimate the feeling of hearing about someone close to you having pass away. We were not that close with my husband's Aunt and Uncle both because our lives are separate in distance and mostly because our lives are just plain busy. This is a little reminder to me that family is the most important thing in our lives and we have to be able to share all the things we do with our family whether or not they live close to us.
I can't help but think every day now that I have been so fortunate to have been able to photograph this man in his glory just before he died. The family will forever cherish those pictures and I am so glad that I was able to be that photographer to take them. We can never tell when that fateful moment will occur but what is important is that you leave a memory that will be everlasting for the people that remain. So in loving memory of this man I would like to post a few pictures of that session that day. To see him so happy makes me so happy.







So get your family together and make sure your photos are current. You never know when it will your day to say goodbye to someone you love suddenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment